15th Dresden Steam Engine Festival 15th - 16th April 2023
On this site we will publish all information about the festival, the corresponding special steam trains and the surrounding program, as soon as they are fix set up.
Additional special steam train Dresden-Pirna-Dresden Saturday (today) 4 pm.
We were able to organize an additional special steam train on the open track between Dresden and Pirna, operated by two steam locomotives. Please come to Dresden main station at 4 pm.
Bomb found at Nossener Brücke: On Saturday the area around Nossener Brücke, including our festival ground, will be evacuated starting 6:00 am. After 10:00 am. the bomb should be disarmed. The responsible people expect a disarming time until 11:00 am. After end of evacuation the festival ground will open immediately.
The special train on Saturday morning must be cancelled because the track to Tharandt is closed.
Please notice: Ticket pre-sale is over. Tickets for admission can be bought at our cash counters. Tickets for the evening events can be bought at the evening cash counter, only. Remaining train tickets are still available on all trains.
All paid tickets are sent. If you have paid your tickets, but didn't get them, please have a look into your spam folder, or contact us on bestellung(at)igbwdresdenaltstadt.de
The train time schedules are available now.
Outlook: 16th Dresden Steam Engine Festival 13th/14th of April 2024
- General Information
- Opening hours and prices
- Planned locomotives
- Special Steam Trains program
- Train time schedule
- Surrounding program to the festival
- Time schedule for bus shuttle between festival ground, main station and Dresden Transport Museum
- Partners to the festival
(State of planning December 2022)
The Dresdner Dampfloktreffen has established its place among railway and steam galas in Saxony for many years. Vintage trains from various regions of Germany as well as from neighbouring countries intend to approach Dresden, for their travellers and rolling stock to attend this gala. Similar to previous years, we intend to have illuminated evening photo sessions (Friday and Saturday) and a live music concert "Steam & Dixie" (Saturday night). An attractive programme of half-day excursion trains will be offered. We cordially welcome you as our travelling guests, in addition to "feel" the atmosphere in our depot.
In the year 2022 the former Bw Dresden-Altstadt became 150 years old.
Again we will organize our nightly locomotive presentation for photographers around the turntable as well as the live music event "Dampf & Dixie" (Steam and Dixie music) in our roundhouse.
Opening hours and prices
The festival ground will be open on Saturday and Sunday (April 15th/16th) between 10 am. and 6 pm.
The evening events will start at 7 pm. After 6 pm. all guests are requested to leave the festival ground.
For the evening events, only the event ticket is needed. It can be purchased separately from tickets for general admission.
- Tickets for admission: 18,- Euro (one-day-ticket) per person (Link to our webshop)
- Reduced tickets for admission, only for disabled people and 15 to 17 years old children: 12,- Euro (Link to our webshop)
- Nightly photo session on Friday: 25,- Euro per person (Link to our webshop)
- Nightly photo session on Saturday: 25,- Euro per person (Link to our webshop)
- Live music event "Dampf & Dixie" on Saturday: 15,- Euro per person (Link to our webshop)
- Special excursion trains: 49,- Euro per person and train (Link to the train section)
35 1097 - IG 58 3047 e.V.
41 1144 - IG Werrabahn e.V.
50 3648 - Sächsisches Eisenbahnmuseum Chemnitz-Hilbersdorf e.V.
52 8141 - Ostsächsische Eisenbahnfreunde e.V.
52 8154 - Eisenbahnmuseum Bayerischer Bahnhof Leipzig e.V.
354.195 - ČD Nostalgie - cancelled due to technical problems
112 481 - MaS Bahnconsult
120 274 - Förderverein Bahnbetriebswerk Arnstadt/hist. e.V.
132 068 - Salzland Rail Service
E77 10 - IG Bw Dresden-Altstadt e.V. / DB Museum
T478.1002 - ČD Nostalgie (Vorserien-Bardotka)
T679.1529 - ČD Nostalgie (Sergej / Taigatrommel)
Special Steam Trains
- "Fan-ride": special steam train Dresden main station - Nossen - Dresden main station
- Time schedule
- City tour: Dresden main station - Freital-Potschappel - Dresden-Friedrichstadt - Coswig - Radebeul - "HK" connection - Dresden main station
- Hauled by a steam locomotive and our historic electrical locomotive E 77 10 in a "sandwich" combination
- Time schedule
- "With Steam and Diesel into the evening": Dresden main station - Bischofswerda - Dresden-Neustadt - Tharandt - Klingenberg-Colmnitz (including Klotzsche ramp and Tharandt ramp)
- Hauled by a steam and a Diesel locomotive in "sandwich" combination
- Time schedule
- Parallel ride on Tharandt ramp: parallel ride to a goods train Dresden main station - Tharandt - Dresden main station
- pessenger train hauled by a steam locomotive and our historic electrical locomotive E 77 10, goods train hauled by a steam locomotive
- Time schedule
- Departure of our steam locomotive stars: Dresden main station - Freiberg - Dresden main station
- Hauled by the 2 departing steam locomotives to Freiberg and by our historic electrical locomotive E 77 10 back to Dresden
- Time schedule
All trains depart and arrive at Dresden main station. For spontaneous travellers, there are one or two coaches on each train, where tickets can be bought on the train.
Program frame around the Steam Engine Festival
The Dresden Transport Museum is partner to our festival, again. It's depot along Zwickauer Straße (roundhouse 4 and shed 5) will be opened as well as it's main building at Johanneum (right beside the Church of our Lady) in Dresden downtown. A historic bus shuttle will connect the festival ground Zwickauer Straße with Dresden main station and Johanneum.
The Steam Engine Festival is surrounded by a colorful program. Dealers offer a wide range of railway or model railway articles. Different caterers offer food and drinks. Periodically we guide you through our historic model railway section. On Friday and Saturday evening there are our special events, the nightly locomotive presentation on our turntable (both days), where the locomotives are presented in a special illumination, as well as the live music event "Dampf & Dixie" on Saturday. The events start at 7 pm. (special admission). Our cafeteria offers drinks right behind the roundhouse.
Between 10 am. and 6 pm. you can book a ride in a steam locomotive's cabin, starting on the track beside the turntable. Locomotives are presented on the turntable and you can listen to explanations about them.
Partners to the 14th Dresdner Dampfloktreffen
|DB Regio Dresden||
|ITL Eisenbahngesellschaft Dresden|
|Lausitzer Dampflok Club e.V.||
Supporting association for the
Dresden Railway Museum
|Dresden Transport Museum||Flügelradtouristik e.V.||